Integer Linear Programming
Teacher(s)Wout Dullaert, Markus Leitner
Research fieldSupply Chain Analytics
DatesPeriod 5 - May 02, 2022 to Jul 15, 2022
The main topics addressed in this course are:
- Mathematical modelling via Linear Programming (LP) and Integer Linear Programming (ILP);
- Types of objectives and constraints in LPs and ILPs;
- Network models in LP (transportation, assignment, transhipment, min-cost flow, shortest path, max-flow, critical path analysis);
- Validation and interpretation of LPs and sensitivity analysis;
- Use of discrete variables and types of constraints in ILP;
- Special types of ILPs (set covering/packing/partitioning, knapsack, traveling salesman, and vehicle routing);
- Use of OpenSolver and/or Pyomo (Python) to solve LPs and ILPs.
Model Building in Mathematical Programming 5th edition, written by H. Paul Williams, published by Wiley, ISBN: 978-1-118-44333-0.
Lecture notes available on Canvas.