Admission for the 2023-2025 program opens on October 1, 2022. Are you interested in applying for the research master Business Data Science? The information below gives a little more detail as to what the application procedure in Studielink looks like.
1. Names and email addresses of two references:
Once you have started your application process, the first things that are asked of you are the names and email addresses of two referees. These email addresses should be professional (not gmail etc.). You must have these email addresses ready before you start the online application procedure, as you will have to enter this information before being able to continue with your application.
We recommend that you contact these individuals beforehand, so that they are prepared when they receive the email inviting them to send a recommendation. It is your responsibility to ensure that your recommenders submit their references before the admission deadline.
2. Questions about previous university education:
You will be asked to provide some basic information about your previous education (language of instruction, name of program, university name, location, graduation date, GPA).
3. Test results:
You will be asked to provide your GRE and/or GMAT test results and overall TOEFL or IELTS score.
Please note: research master applicants holding a Dutch degree on September 1, 2023, do not need to submit GRE or GMAT test scores. Moreover, if you hold a degree from an institution at which English is the language of instruction, or hold a degree from a Dutch university, you do not need to provide a TOEFL or IELTS score. See FAQs for more information.
You are required to upload various documents, depending on which ones are relevant for your situation. Please note that all uploads should be in pdf-format, and only one document can be uploaded per item.
- Original report or screen shot of your personal GRE score page (the whole page, not just a section)
- Original report or screen shot op your personal GMAT score page (the whole page, not just a section)
- Certified copy of your highest obtained university diploma and/or transcript of records. For those diplomas and transcripts that are not in Dutch or English, you must also upload certified English translations.
- Certified study progress overview of the program that you are currently taking. For study progress overviews that are not in Dutch or English, you must also upload certified English translations.
- Certified transcripts of other competed university education relevant for your application
- Proof that the entire program was taught in English (link to webpage, indication on diploma or grade list) or official statement.
- TOEFL or IELTS score report
- Letter of motivation including research proposal (max. 2 pages, 300-500 words p/page). This document should include an elaboration of your specific area of academic interest (research topic that you want to work on including a short research proposal); how your past education and other experiences have prepared you to be successful in our program; what you hope to achieve (your professional plans and career goals) and why this program is the best place for you to pursue your interests.
- Writing sample. E.g. Bachelor or Master thesis or published paper (optional)
5. Additional information
6. Submit application