Marketing Science answers important research questions in marketing using mathematical modelling. Data science is mostly applied in marketing areas of profiling, search engine optimization, customer engagement, responsiveness and real-time marketing campaigns. Moreover, new ways to apply data science and analytics in marketing emerge every day. Among these, the new use cases include digital advertising, micro-targeting, micro-segmentation, and many others.
Research questions studied by marketing scientists include:
• How do consumers form their preferences during product search?
• How do consumers learn about the quality of new products?
• How do consumers search for their preferred product from a set of relevant options?
• How can firms best crowdsource new product ideas from customers or employees?
• How can firms optimize their international launch of new products?
• How can firms optimize their marketing and advertising spending?