Conference: Consumer Search and Markets
The first Business Data Science - Tinbergen Institute conference 'Consumer Search and Markets' will take place on June 15-17, 2023 at the Euromast in Rotterdam.
This conference subsumes the 12th Workshop on Consumer Search and Switching Costs. This is an annual conference that brings together leading economists and marketing scholars who share an interest in modeling and quantifying consumer search frictions and switching costs.
We are pleased to announce two keynote lectures by:
- Mark Armstrong (University College London)
- Bart Bronnenberg (University of Tilburg)
Moreover, the conference will feature a policy session with:
- Pierre Regibeau (Chief Economist DG Comp)
- Paul de Bijl (Chief Economist Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets)
Call for papers
If you are interested in presenting a paper, please submit your paper (or extended abstract) online by March 15, 2023 here.
Update: Deadline has extended until March 26.
Presenters will be asked to confirm their attendence by April 30, 2023. Non-presenters will be asked whether they want to participate as discussants by May 15, 2023. Registration is mandatory for logistical purposes, all participants will be asked to register by May 15, 2023. A registration form will be made available on this web page by the end of April 2023.
Conference fee: Not applicable.
Conference venue: Euromast Rotterdam.
Funding: We are applying for external funding. If additional funds become available, priority will be given to PhD students and young assistant professors (e.g. accommodation grants).
- Jose L. Moraga (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam) - Chair
- Giovanni Compiani (University of Chicago Booth School of Business)
- Ella Honka (UCLA)
- Maarten Janssen (University of Vienna)
- Raluca Ursu (NYU)
Local organizing committee:
- Jose L. Moraga (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Loïs Hardonk (Business Data Science)
- Francesca Sotgiu (Business Data Science)
If you have any additional questions, please address them to Hardonk@ese.eur.nl.